Our support of our pregnancy centers must continue to grow. Last fraternal year, we had 26 applications to the A.S.A.P. (Aid and Support After Pregnancy) program. I would like to see that number double. Not all centers received help via this program.
Before the fall Quarterly, I will be sending out a list of suggested centers each Council could support. Border area councils can also look to Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
Grand Knights- you have three options this fraternal year:
- Support a center via the ASAP Program with a minimum of donation of $500.00. This yields a $100.00 donation from Supreme directly to the pregnancy center. Details about the program can be found on the Supreme Council web site under Faith in Action/ Life Programming.
- Or you may join another council in raising the $500.00 ( or more). This could lighten your burden. Of course, only 1 G.K. can submit the paperwork but I would let Supreme know what councils were involved. If you feel your council cannot participate in ASAP, you can purchase gift cards. If the donation is sent to a specific center(s), send the specific information to the State Life Director.
- Or as in the past, you may filter the cards through me. Deadline would be before the Winter Quarterly on 01/24.
Please make preparations and if you can, participate in ASAP.
As our State Deputy, Tim Kingsley said at the Summer Quarterly: IT IS FREE MONEY!!
PEACE IN CHRIST, RON DI STASIO STATE LIFE DIRECTOR
- Focus on your relationship with and support of our pregnancy centers. ASAP donations can be made throughout the entire fraternal year.
- Participation in the ultra-sound initiative can be done not only in New Hampshire. There may be needs in Vermont and Massachusetts.
- Continue to concentrate on prayer with Pro-life Rosaries and Novenas for Life.
- Refer to Supreme’s Faith in Action on how to support refugees in the Holy Land.
- Promote March for Life in Concord in Mid-January
Important: the birthright dinner has been moved to April. Still awaiting an exact date from council 3023, Derry. We need to make this the major pro-life event of the year. This event will replace the prolife seminar.
Big goal: to at least double our participation in a.s.a.p.!
Building a true culture of life is a daily activity for us all.