As people continue to put their own spin on what “cancel all” and “strongly recommend” interprets to so they can justify the actions they are taking, let me just say this. DO NOT TAKE UNNECESSARY RISKS. You do not want to be the one that causes another individual to incur something that could have been avoided!
Also, take note, we are not cancelling the NH State Convention! We are exploring viable options to host a Virtual State Convention in our scheduled first week-end in May 2020. The NH State Convention Committee is meeting Thursday evening, March 26th through a web-meeting to discuss an online state convention.
NH State Convention Committee Chairmen, for the purpose of conducting business of the NH State Council, will be reaching out to Grand Knights for the contact information (name, phone, email) of the council’s delegates. The delegates role involves working with their assigned committees leading up to convention and will be expected to attend the Virtual State Convention in May.
The Supreme Council staff is primarily working from home and have access to accounts. Most of the forms to Supreme have an email address. Make sure you download the latest version and scan them by email. Expect delays, especially if you are mailing hard copies to the offices.
We have a Goto-Meeting with the District Deputies on Tuesday evening, March 24th to discuss what we can do to assist the councils in the immediate future. It is ever more important that we all stay in touch. Some notes:
- How is the council communicating the COVID-19 protocols to your members?
- What is the plan to operate as a council without regular meeting?
- Are prospect pages & phone apps utilized and/or are new members joining online at org/JoinUs?
- Does the council have a 1st Degree Team, a 1st Degree Video, or planning to use the new combined degree?
- Is the council using an online meeting service, or expecting to do so?
Your State Council and Supreme Council continue to closely monitor COVID-19 developments, and we will provide updated information and guidance as it becomes available.
I would like to personally express my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to those dealing with COVID-19 issues. It is in time of crisis like this that the Order’s watch words of Charity, Unity, and Fraternity are exemplified by my Brother Knights. Pray for the brave souls that are required to work in essential and critical jobs. God Bless.
Joseph J Kowalik III, State Deputy
Our Regional Growth Director Eric Johnson offers up some of the activities Regional Growth Trainer Steve Cohen and he have compiled from their calls with district deputies and state officers this week.
- Multiple councils are assisting with live streaming Masses at the parish and having a schedule of members that rotate through the process.
- Council has donated the proceeds of their monthly raffle to the parish to help make up for the shortfall since there will be no offertory collections.
- Dividing their roster amongst the officers and calling and checking on allmembers to see how they are doing. If someone needs something, possibly going and getting it and dropping it off on their porches etc.
- Rosensteel Council in Silver Spring will be doing a Family Rosary every Friday at 5:00 PM on Facebook Live
- Council 13859 John Paul the Great in Middle River, MD has posted a phone number for elderly parishioners to call for pickup and delivery of needed supplies.
- The Maryland State Council is reposting Archdiocese of Baltimore posts of Archbishop Lori’s live-streams.
- One council is distributing the Into the Breach video series to their members and they are discussing the video through a “chat” service.
- We are hearing of many councils hosting on-line council meetings. (via Zoom, Go-to-Meeting, Skype, etc.)
The Supreme Knights suggestions for councils: https://www.kofc.org/en/news-room/articles/supreme-knight-message-coronavirus.html
We are encouraging all our councils to stay active and as you can see many councils are getting into things they were never doing before. We are a fraternal organization, so we need to take care of our own and at the same time take care of everyone in our communities in need. (Spiritually and/or physically.)
If someone wants to join us, the best way to do that is through the On-Line Membership program: www.kofc.org/joinus